I am rereading the book of Job. These are notes from my new Chronological Life Application Study Bible.
- Job was not meant to know the reasons. He would have to face life with no answers or explanations. It is better to know God than to know answers.
- We live in a fallen world where good behavior is not always rewarded and bad behavior is not always punished.
- A good man can suffer for no apparent reason.
- Faith in God is justified even when our situations look hopeless.
- Faith must be built on the confidence that God’s ultimate purpose will come to pass.
- Believing and obeying God does not shelter us from life’s calamities.
- Adversity destroys superficial faith.
- God is never caught off guard by our troubles and is always compassionate.
- God created our emotions and it is not sinful to express them.
- Four reasons we suffer:
a.Consequences for bad decisions and actions
b.Suffering shapes us for special service to others
c.Sometimes it is an attack by satan on our lives
d.Sometimes we don’t know why we suffer.
These are notes from only chapter 1. I’m expecting additional insights as I read. May these bring new understanding to you as you experience suffering.