There are times with God seems to show special favor to His people who are walking in obedience to Him. I have experienced these times as well as times when God seems far away and not interested in the struggle that I’m experiencing. I savor these times of closeness and want to benefit from them all I can.
During these times:
- It is easier to pray with peculiar power.
- The Spirit gives joy and gladness.
- The Scripture is open to you.
- God’s promises are applied.
- You have special freedom and liberty in devotions.
- There is more closeness of communication with Christ.
When these times come we need to be ready for them.
- Be sure to develop your faith.
- Be more constant in prayer.
- Be more holy in conversation.
- Get rid of any evil habit while the Spirit is being especially powerful in your life.
From: Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon