The Midwest Regional CWM had a prayer meeting on April 24, 2020 via Zoom. (That is a miracle in and of itself.) The meeting was opened by reading form Jesus Calling the entry for April 22 which talked about our need to continually listen to God. Then each person who was given a ‘word’ shared with the group their thoughts, scripture support and a prayer. What an awesome time in the Lord! Each person has provided a summary of what they shared. I pray you will continue to ‘chew’ on what was shared.
9. WORD - Discernment - Nancy McCue
From Arm Yourself Against the Enemy’s Schemes by Beth Moore, Chapter 2 Acknowledge Points of Vulnerability
The four weaknesses that open us up to spiritual attack:
- Blinds us to what the devil is up to
- Paul reminds us repeatedly “Don’t be ignorant!”
- Pick up the Word
- Spiritual passion that exceeds biblical knowledge
- II Corinthians 11:3 The serpent gets into our hearts through our minds.
- “Knowledge of God equips us to recognize those things that exalt themselves over God.”
- “Our zeal for Him should be based on spiritual truth.”
- A lack of discernment
- “An intimate knowledge of God’s Word is the best defense we have against a moment when the temptation to do wrong feels like the nudge to do right”.
- A lack of self-discernment
- A close relationship exists between a lack of self-examinations and going astray.
- “We are vastly helped when we recognize, acknowledge, and ask forgiveness for our errors, both the intentional and unplanned.
- Psalm 18-18 “They confronted me in the day of my disaster” Beth says if we have a disaster, we can count on Satan being right there confronting us on our weakest, most vulnerable point.
- “Our job is to acknowledge and ask for the help we need.”
- “Never assume that a smaller problem won’t explode into a bigger one just because it never has before.”
Remember Beth’s story about the owner of a miniature horse farm and the neighbor who had exotic animals. One day the fence fell down and a lion devoured her favorite horse. We need to make sure our fences stay up!!
All quotes are from Beth unless otherwise stated.